Kim Sprague, NCIDQ
Interiors Project Manager
With Current Firm:10
Professional Registrations, Accreditations, Certifications:
- NCIDQ Certified
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro - Major in Interior Architecture
List of Organizations, Professional Affiliations:
Kim is an accomplished professional with 10 years of experience in residential design, ten years of experience in commercial design, project, and client management, and six years of teaching interior design at the collegiate level. Kim manages all phases of a project, including programming and schematic design, construction documents, engineering coordination, finish selections, and construction administration. She has been certified by the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) and is a professional member of the International Interior Design Association (IIDA).
As an avid believer in DIY, Kim and her husband bought a 1923 fixer-upper and began full renovations, doing most of the work themselves while living in the house….a decade (or two) and two kids later, they’ve come a long way but the work continues. They now live with the understanding that comes along with old houses; the work will never actually be complete, but it is (almost always) a labor of love.
- Her guiding design principle can be summed up by the following quote: “When it comes to design, ignoring your audience would be like writing a love letter “To Whom It May Concern.” (Ken Shelton)
- She enjoys finding vintage neighborhoods in any city and marveling at all of the detail and different styles of historic architecture. She definitely appreciates the striking simplicity of modern architecture as well, but a bungalow with a cat-slide roof will always make her heart swell.
- She is proud of her Scots/UK heritage and loves all things Scottish including, but not limited to, accents, drums & pipes, fiddling, kilts, tartan, shortbread and caber tossing. She even has a dog named Angus, and she just may be considering taking up Scottish dancing or learning Gaelic. (Interesting fact: Did you know NC has one of the largest concentrations in the US of those that claim Scottish heritage? Yep, it’s true.)
- She likes her craft brew hoppy, her Scotch Whisky smooth, her English Breakfast Tea with milk & honey, and her coffee bold/no flavors. (Coffee should still taste like coffee.)
- One of her favorite places she has traveled is Vietnam and she loves the Vietnamese culture, people and food.
- She mostly prefers to wax nostalgic, listening to late 70’s -80’s music and that is most likely the soundtrack playing in her office. Though, she is in full agreement with teammate Megan on bluegrass music.
- She loves spending time on both ends of the state of NC, from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the Crystal Coast, but she will always be a little partial to be on the sand by the sea.
- She also loves the color green, a seat next to the fire, a nice breeze, Spring, river otters, dining out, the sound of thunder, belly laughs, and hasn't yet encountered a cheese she doesn't like.