Interiors Project Designer
With Current Firm:1
- B.F.A., University of North Carolina at Greensboro - Interior Architecture
Carlie joined iS design in 2018 after years of devotion to graphic design and freelance visual art. Carlie assists in most phases of the design process, including: field verification, schematic design and space planning, design development, construction documentation, permit coordination, finish and fixture selection, and 3D modeling and rendering.
Carlie has been training and competing in Dog Agility for 20 years and is currently begging her energetic Cocker Spaniel, May, to pay more attention to her than to birds and other humans.
- She loves to read and write. She dedicated 2018 to reading George R.R. Martin's series, a Song of Fire and Ice. One of her goals is to have a published collection of essays.
- She's a yogi! When she's not practicing yoga and meditation, she's either watching football or basketball or playing chess.
- She has a "small" obsession with all things Marvel, don't even get her started!
- She's not just a yogi but a foodie as well! She loves all food, but especially pastries. Nothing would make her happier than to eat a muffin every day!
- One of her favorite quotes is: "When you seek happiness for yourself, it will always elude you. When you seek happiness for other, you will find it yourself" by Wayne Dyer.